Mar 6

Police not registering Your Complaint? 156, 3 CRPC is there to help


Many times, people face the issue that police is not registering there complaint. Ready a personal affidavit first if you want a court to order an investigation into your complaint. The Supreme Court has made it compulsory for a complainant to submit an affidavit, vouching for the veracity of the allegations, when registration of an FIR is sought from a magisterial court.
The court underscored rampant misuse of Section 156(3) of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) whereby a person files a complaint before a magistrate, invoking the latter’s power to order an FIR and a consequent investigation by the police against those named in the complaint.

If you want advice on such case, feel free to contact us. Fide Mihi is a legal firm which has specialized in such issues.